Sunday, December 2, 2007

Laos

Sorry, but this entry will be terrily quick. I had a whole entry whipped up on my laptop, complete with pictures, as they told me yesterday I could plug my laptop into their Internet connection. Langugage barriers and IP address changes just don't go well together.

Anyway, we made it here in Vientiane, the capital city of Laos. It's been very nice so far! Laid back, calm, clean- what you expect captital cities NOT to be.

I have to meet up with the crew for breakfast and then go on a mission to rent motorcycles to explore the countryside. I will try to give a proper entry tonight.

But we are safe, alive, and Laos is wonderful!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Hi there. I just checked 5 minutes ago and was wondering if you made it to Laos ok and then I get this entry as I am trying to get my identity all set up. As you can tell, we got grandma all set up today. She got quite the kick of the picture of you in bed with your sister's husband!
I am glad that you guys are doing well and are safe. Meaghan, I am so sorry that I forgot to buy Cadbury Christmas mini eggs for you. I meant to get them the night before we left, after work and forgot. And then Ann called when I got home from bringing Denise to the airport to say that she had some goodies to send along. She thought you were leaving on the
1st Denise. Kev, how are you doing? Do you still have to take antibiotics? Have you guys finished the wine to lighten your load? We have snow here, so your pics of the nice warm weather makes me envious. I love you, my girls and the rest of the gang too. Denise, we have had to totally separate the cats as there fighting has reached to the point of craziest. Kokomo is now locked in my bedroom with food and water and her litterbox. Grandma suggested that she might take her. Actually, I think that Kokomo would be nice company for her. But the poor girl is getting so psycho that when I move my foot under the blankets when she is on my bed, she growls and hisses. It's pretty funny actually. As long as she doesn't start peeing on my bed like Bugsy did, or she may be history. Anyways, miss you guys. You are in our thoughts much of the time. Love, Ma

Anonymous said...

Man, that poor cat. If only I could teach it to rise up and take everything over! Rise up Kokomo, rise up and fight for your right to party!